So what do you think of corn week??? There are so many things to do with corn. Here is one more.
Here is what you need:
1. 2 different fabrics. I used fleece and corduroy. Two identical pieces.
2. Corn. I used Field Corn. They use it for animal feed, to track dear and to feed squirrels. I purchased mine a a grain mill. They sold all kinds of grains including field corn.
1. Start with 2 types of cloth. I used corduroy and fleece. You can cut them 12x12 or 7x14. depending on the size you want. Place pieces right sides together.
2. Stitch around 3 1/2 sides. Leaving a hole open for add corn.
3. Turn right sides out. Press if you can. Top stitch around 3 sides, still leaving the opening open.
At this point I also like to stitch a center row from the bottom to 3 inches from the top. This will help keep the corn balanced. I do this on my 12x12.
4. Fill your bag with corn about half way maybe a little more. If you would like to add a few drops of essential oils to your corn.
Stitch you bag closed with the top stitch across the top. Complete your bag by stitching your center line all the way to the top.
All finished. Before you give these as gifts run them through the microwave a few times. Sometimes corn has moisture in it. Microwaving a few times gets rid of the moisture. Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
I love using these little bags. They are great for warming your beds or for a sick tummy. My kids love to warm them up after sledding or building a Snowman.
Just add a cute tag and your are ready to go.